Site Procurement Manager
$110,000 – $140,000
Sep 23, 2016
Great opportunity to join a global chemical leader as the Site Procurement Manager. Strategic site responsibility for the procurement team, including planning and execution of site/line goods and services procurement and cost management.
— Manage site-level category strategy execution and cost management. Manage site-level budget and track performance vs. plan.
— Support internal site customers: Drive achievement of goals/targets as they relate to strategic cost management and supply chain optimization; Exchange information with and help local site-based end users to achieve improved supply conditions and meet strategic objectives, and Guide the identification of proper and justifiable reorder points and reorder quantities to maintain optimal working capital levels to support the needs of Maintenance and Operations.
— Manage supplier relationships: Set up local supplier relationships; Ensure site service needs are met and driving TCO/ life cycle cost reduction objectives. Lead regular performance, business, and financial reviews with local suppliers. Ensure that data is accurate and maintained in a timely manner according to policy.
— Manage site Procurement team: Ensure buyer/end user compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls, and coach and support the development of site procurement personnel and act as a role model to the team. Evaluate (and enhance as necessary site procurement talent profile.
— Oversee total annual site operating and capital spend ranging from ~$50M to ~$500M.
Finance Manager Corporate Manufacturing Accounting
$105,000 – $115,000
Sep 16, 2016
- Audits financial data and documents to assure accuracy, completeness and compliance with policies, and procedures and applicable government regulations;
- Ensures SOX compliance efforts in Finance and Accounting. Coordinates SOX compliance with the Information Technology and Purchasing areas;
- Coordinates periodic reviews of balance sheet accounts; standardizes accounting processes across a decentralized organization;
- Responsible for ensuring proper segregation of duties are implemented within Oracle using GRC;
- Reviews and approves security profiles for systems usage throughout the company;
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Graduate degree preferred;
- 5+ years overall accounting experience;
- CPA required;
Director of Commodity
$120,000 – $170,000
Aug 23, 2016
- Identifying, developing and promoting collaborative sourcing strategy and solutions driving changes in suppliers, processes, systems while meeting and/or exceeding savings, service, capacity and growth requirements;
- Managing staff to ensure departmental goals are achieved;
- Working collaboratively across the company to improve overall cost, service and on-time delivery performance;
- Developing new and enhancing existing processes, systems and programs;
- Proactively measuring, monitoring and reporting key performance indicators such as cost savings, inflation, on-time delivery, backorders, etc.;
- Negotiating agreements addressing capacity, risk and supply while meeting business objectives at the lowest total cost.
Education: 4-year degree required; Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related disciplines preferred.
Chemicals Plant Maintenance Manager
$110,000 – $160,000
Bachelor of Science
Sep 14, 2016
A large chemical plant (over 1200 employees) is looking for a talented Maintenance Manager to join their team. The plant is located in Pensacola, Florida. Candidate must have 10-25 years of experience – Very stable job history and excellent communication are required. Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering REQUIRED. Candidate from the chemical or pulp and paper industries only.
- Own and lead the Plant PM Pillar
- Champion development, implementation and use of PM Pillar tools including PMs and Failure Analysis
- Support the Plant Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities
- Lead the Technical Department
- Develop and lead the Department’s Annual Master Plan and 90 Day Plans
- Track and communicate key technical results
- Provide direction and coaching for 3 shift Technical Department employee
- Responsible for managing the Technical Department budget and the Plant M&R budget
- Understand plant spending and develop plans to address gaps
- Lead Technical Problem Solving
- Lead problem solving for equipment breakdowns
- Determine root cause for failures
- Implement systemic solutions
- Provide technical and leadership support for on-site capital projects
- Develop technical capability in plant technicians
- Provide coaching to operators as needed
Scientist – Engineer – Polymers – Rubber – Chemicals
Location Boston, MA
Salary $120,000 – $150,000
Degree Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctorate
Date Sep 09, 2016
Our client, a global manufacturer of chemical raw materials, requires an applications development technologist to lead activities for their Industrial Products segment, which focuses on a wide range of rubber products such as hoses, belts, and a variety of molded and extruded rubber parts. This influential role is critical to position the company as the development partner of choice with customers. The successful candidate will work in partnership with Marketing and Technology to define product development strategy. Job Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with Global Marketing to define global segment product strategy, and with regional commercial and marketing personnel to define project priorities and allocate resources.
- Collaborates with global applications development colleagues
- Creates broad and deep understanding of the range of Industrial Products applications, including required and valued use, performance attributes, corresponding product requirements, and technical/ product applications of current and future market trends.
- Defines technical capabilities required for the Industrial Products market. Develops and maintains “center of excellence” knowledge and expertise in order to provide insight and expertise of performance in applications, expertise in necessary rubber processing steps and performance of company versus competitor products.
- Manages complex, multi-year projects, involving integration of multiple sites and functional areas. Leads design of creative solutions to applications challenges.
- Assembles cross-functional project teams to manage product development projects.
- Oversees and coordinates labs and lab testing and analysis of new applications complex product performance issues. Develops and enforces statistically rigorous applications test capabilities and works to develop and implement global testing standardization. Develops novel testing methods.
- Provides consistent and excellent customer support and service, to promote and enable adoption and use of existing and new products and develops capabilities through ‘center of excellence’ work.
- Protects company technology through adherence of intellectual property standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
Automotive Engineering Senior Manager
Oak Park, MI
$120,000 – $180,000
Sep 05, 2016
This is a very unusual and very exciting new position that we have just received. The client is a European manufacturer of specialty off road and construction vehicles used throughout Europe. They take stripped down chassis/powertrain units and join them to specialty cabs for customers all over Europe for many different applications. They have decided that it is in their best interests to purchase the components for the stripped down chassis/powertrain units in the US, and then assemble them here, and then ship the unit to Europe. They are looking for the “first American” in their company who will be their “guiding light” in terms of what to buy and where to buy the components for these units, and then build and lead a facility and hire people to assemble these units. The company is very successful in Europe, but knows that the components that they need are better and cheaper here in the States–They need someone who has extensive engineering background, both to include powertrain components and the assembly of them. See description below for more details.
The Powertrain Assembly Engineer shall be responsible for technical realization of up building the vehicle from the stripped down chassis. The role will answer directly senior management who will quantify the amount to be produced and the timeline that the vehicles are needed.
Given that the main role of the Powertrain Assembly Engineer is to build the vehicle the candidate needs to have established connections within the Automotive industry.
The ability to train and supervise employees on the factory line. The candidate will in effect be the supervisor of the facility.
The work is to be performed at in assembly plant environment. We are looking for a candidate who possesses considerable amount of creativity and initiative and expresses a high level of independent judgment.
Director, Automotive Manufacturing – Director Operations
Location Ann Arbor, MI
Salary $140,000 – $200,000
Date Sep 08, 2016
- Bachelor degree required; Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations preferred
- Master or MBA degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment with a career path demonstrating roles of increasing responsibility.
- Proven business results of improving operational performance in multiple locations
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated competency in lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement tools
- Proven track record of hiring and developing people.
- Travel up to 25%
The Director of Manufacturing Operations role will lead the operations group towards
$125,000 – $130,000
Bachelor of Science
Aug 16, 2016
PSRA Senior Manager NA (Product Stewardship & Regulatory Affairs)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage day to day operations of regional PSRA team; develops the ways of working in alignment and collaboration with the other Regional and Global teams
- Act as a PSRA focal point towards the Regional business organizations
- Actively contribute to the business planning with regulatory expertise and advice on relevant regulatory requirements and upcoming regulations
- Coordinate the PSRA day to day operative activities to ensure regulatory compliance in the Region
- Coordinate the product regulatory registrations, reporting and notifications that are relevant for the company
- Stay informed about regulatory upcoming changes and initiate regulatory advocacy activities if needed
- Contribute to the relevant industry association working groups, consortia related to the regulatory activities such as regulatory advocacy initiatives, registration dossier projects etc.
- Lead the PSRa Americas team by setting the targets, developing the way of working and support towards the business
- Actively contribute to global PSRA development and competence development within the PSRA management team and the head of PSRA function
Desired skills and experience: APPLY