Production Engineer Chemicals
Location Boston, MA
Salary $75,000 – $95,000
Feb 03, 2017
· B.S. Chemical Engineering with 3+ years’ of in-plant experience out of coatings, chemicals, electronic materials, foods or pharmaceuticals.
· Pluses would be experience with the following: SPC, DOE, DeltaV Distributed Controls (DCS), batch reactors, heat exchangers, polymerization, operator training and supervision.
· Candidate must be an A plus person exhibiting excellent communication skills and be highly motivated.
· Our client is International chemical and pharmaceutical producer with generous benefits and relocation assistance.
· This medium-sized, PSM-regulated chemical plant is clean and is part of a larger US division that produces resins, this site has recently undergone a 30-million-dollar expansion and uses batch reactors, Delta V controls and will soon add Aspen Data Acquisition software.
· This person will be responsible for primarily day to day support and will do process optimization for short term issues, modification of processes to accommodate to new recipes, updating of operating procedures, working with in-house controls engineers on changes to the DeltaV DCS.
· There is a Process Group that employs chemical engineers and does medium term optimization and project work and there is a Quality Engineering Group.
· This position is a stepping stone into management positions.