Chemist Scientist Rubber Tire
Location Boston, MA
Salary $120,000 – $160,000
Feb 03, 2017
Our client, a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals used in tire and rubber applications, requires an experienced chemist/scientist to be the lead applications development efforts for their tire market segment. Based in Boston, the successful “Applications Development Lead – Tires” will lead global applications development projects for new and existing materials used to manufacture rubber tires.
· Identify and define the technical capabilities required for the tire market segment while developing and maintaining “center of excellence” expertise.
· Coordinate with Applications Development labs globally to manage complex, multi-year projects as well as key personnel.
· Collaborate with customers, R&D, Marketing and other functions to develop tire applications knowledge to drive new product and new market development.
· Develop new testing methods and oversee lab testing of new tire applications while implementing global testing standardization.
· Develop effective customer relationships to identify unmet needs and create projects to fulfill them.
· As lead chemist, guide lab technicians and other staff as required.
· Seven years of technical experience in elastomeric materials including lab and project management experience. Relevant tire industry experience highly preferred.