$125000 to $135000 Per Year
**Must have Financial leadership experience in complex manufacturing operations **
The Controller will maintain the policies and procedures applicable to the financial operations of the plant in the area of Data Processing, Standard Costs, expense budgets, forecasting, profit planning, and capital expenditures. They will directly supervise, lead and mentor employees in the Accounting Department.
- Prepare plant monthly and annual financial results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare the annual business plan and forecast.
- Coordinates the activities of the plant in the areas of accounting costs and budgets through the review of operations and the criteria used for developing cost standards and expense budgets to establish and acceptable base for measuring product cost, expense control and plant performance.
- Prepare analysis of financial and operating information as required.
- Measures monthly operating performances against approved goals and objectives.
- Optimize cash flow.
- anticipates sales and cost to develop business forecasts and the annual profit plan for planning purposes.
- Insures proper account distribution for items expensed, inventories, fixed assets, etc.
- Facilitates the monthly closing by reviewing accounting data and computer runs for accuracy in order that the closing can be performed on a timely basis.
- Coordinates the taking of year-end physical inventory to assure accurate ending inventory balance. Schedules and coordinates additional inventories as deemed necessary.
- Prepares appropriation requests and the justification of same for capital expenditures to insure that the funds are being requested in accordance with Corporate guidelines.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Conduct internal auditing procedures.
- Prepares and audits monthly budget analysis and updates for adjustments to determine the accuracy of monthly budgets.
- Reviews Plant procedures from time to time to determine cost-saving effectiveness and overall effectiveness of meeting the Plant’s goals.
- Administers and insures compliance with the Quality, Environmental, and Material Management System requirements as outlined in the policy manuals.
- Insure that all accounting transactions are recorded in an effective and timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have recent experience in a manufacturing plant with supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be experienced with computerized accounting systems and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to interact with senior management, corporate personnel, etc; excellent communication, presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- Has effective leadership skills.
- In depth knowledge of financial and budgetary controls.
- High degree of professionalism along with organizational skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to motivate and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media