(DON) for Long Term Care skilled nursing Howell, MI!
- Three years experience as a Director of Nursing or equivalent supervisory experience.
- Rounds on unit at least once daily
- Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Interview and hire new staff .
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Review time sheets for accuracy before payroll.
- Manages the entire facility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Develops and manages systems to assure clinical competencies.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Identification of training needs.
- Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Develops and manages nurse – on call system.
- Develops the department budget for approval, monitors expenses and stays within budget.
- Investigate and resolve residents/family/employee concerns.
- Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
- Participating in Employee Recognition Program.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Develop and manage staffing scheduler system.
- Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Ensures that adequate nursing staff are available based on facility/census requirements.
- Collect data to compile reports in a timely manner, and to meet deadlines.
- Participates in facility “Performance Improvement Program.”
- Assures that all clinical protocols and nursing policies and procedures are followed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Assure Pharmacy, dietary, physician consults are followed in timely manner.
- Assumes complete responsibilities for the Center
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media