DeltaV Systems Engineer
Systems Field Service Engineer
The Systems Field Service Engineer is responsible for supporting process control customers by applying knowledge of control system methodologies, instrumentation applications, information technology, and service techniques to ensure reliable control system operation and customer satisfaction achievement. The position is full time and based out of our Bothell, WA headquarters executing projects at our existing client locations. We are looking for a talented professional who can assist us in enhancing our customers’ experience with Emerson’s DeltaV Distributed Control System solution by solving their most complex process control issues.
Key Job Elements:
- Conduct the testing, startup, and commissioning activities of new/upgraded Emerson DeltaV installations.
- Consult and interface with customer’s engineering, operations, maintenance, and information technology teams as necessary to ensure successful implementation of products and services. Develop high quality, thoroughly tested, and well documented application hardware and software designs.
- Work closely with customer to ensure installed DeltaV is properly maintained and is kept in a high state of operational readiness. This includes, but is not limited to troubleshooting, configuration, programming, and testing of equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Interface with clients and sales team to assist in definition of business needs and demonstrate product and services capabilities.
- Work with and/or lead technicians during service engagements utilizing solid leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skill sets.
- Perform all work in a safe manner. Safety training, customer site access training, compliance with OSHA and customer safety standards and policies are required.
- Prepare accurate, timely documentation of work completed to include field service reports, expense reporting, and labor time entry.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Process control understanding with aptitude to troubleshoot, configure, program, and commission Distributed Control Systems. 4-year Engineering degree preferred; 2-year Associate of Science degree acceptable and/or equivalent work experience to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the role.
- Recent experience with DCS, Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS), and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is required. Familiarity with Emerson Automation Solutions systems products (DeltaV, DeltaV SIS, AMS Device Manager, Remote Automation Solutions, etc.) is desired.
- Familiarity with Information Technology principles and topics highly preferred: Virtualization technology (Hyper-V), Microsoft Active Directory, domains, Cybersecurity, Smart Switches, Firewalls, Area Control Networks, and Level 2.5 and above network integration is highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively both with clients and internal project teams.
- Collaborative and active participation in technical project teams.
- Ability to work independently based on task guidance as provided by others.
- Ability to contribute and support multiple MES projects simultaneously.
- Business acumen and understanding in a technical environment.
- Ability to travel within the Pacific Northwest. Frequent travel required, including overnight travel (estimated 50% of the time). Ability to work overtime and/or be on call if needed.
This company believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media