Construction Crew Supervisor-Concrete
If you are reading about this opportunity, we hope it is because you are looking for a career in concrete paving, and not just a job. Our client was founded 60 years ago, and is nationally recognized in their field, which means they want you to join them and be recognized too.
We are looking for our client’s next Construction Crew Supervisor in beautiful Cedar Rapids, IA to help continue their tradition of a commitment to excellence. There is something to be said about doing big time paving and concrete work while being an integral part of a smaller organization where all people feel valued. This is the type of company you will want to bring your skills to.
Are you still here? If so, read on--and then send us your resume so we can talk.
HERE IS WHAT A CONSTRUCTION CREW SUPERVISOR DOES FOR OUR CLIENT
- Hires, trains and manages crew members (scheduling, attendance, time reporting, etc.)
- Reads and interprets project plans and specifications and constructs projects accordingly
- Understands project phasing and determines efficient pour layouts
- Plans, organizes, prepares and motivates crew, organizes engineers/inspectors for testing prior to pours to meet schedule deadlines
- Calculates, records and communicates production quantities; calculate and record other materials as required for the site pour
- Understands and directs the proper use of large equipment, materials, and tools according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
- Funnels Change Orders (Cos) and Requests for Information (RFIs) requests to the Assistant Field Operations Manager or Field Operations Manager
- Communicates/coordinates with the plant regarding routes, slump, etc. to ensure timely and accurate concrete deliveries and flow of trucks
- Maintains accountability for tools, equipment and vehicles
- Operates a motor vehicle, as required
- Attends daily scheduling meetings
- Represents our client and communicates with General Contractors, Sub-contractors, City Officials, Iowa DOT officials and Inspectors
- Other related duties as assigned
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE QUALIFIED AS A CONSTRUCTION CREW SUPERVISOR
- Must live in or within reasonable proximity of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- General knowledge and understanding of construction
- Concrete/paving experience
- Ability to calculate concrete quantities and other materials required for a pour
- 10-hour OSHA Certification
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and the ability to foster positive communications and relationships with team members
- Reliability, attention to detail, and stress tolerance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- To pass a background check and drug test
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work in all environmental job conditions (hot/cold weather, rainy, dusty, etc.)
YOU ARE IN VERY HIGH DEMAND IF YOU HAVE THESE SKILLS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Advanced understanding of Iowa DOT specifications
- Advanced knowledge of Statewide Urban Design and Specifications Program (SUDA)
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
- Traditional or HSA health insurance
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Wellness program and tobacco free discount options
- Paid time off
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
We are proud to support an organization that is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and engaged work culture. We want you to bring your whole self to work every day. Our client strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, sex, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, families with children, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media