HV Power Equipment Test Engineer
$100000 to $120000 Per Year
- Responsible for the design and execution of power tests performed on products for new product development activities.
- Determines processes, schedules and procedures, equipment selection, coordination with outside labs (i.e. Power Labs) and is responsible for the creation of the initial Test Report (data and other evidence).
- In depth knowledge of the applicable IEEE and IEC standards
- Understands the physics of power testing and possible failure modes, interrupting process, dielectric testing, etc. TRV, arcing times
- Effective communication with Test engineers, Designers, Customers)
- Develop and conduct (execute) test programs to meet project requirements and travel to outside labs is required.
- Prepare detailed test procedures based on industry standards. Provides directions to lab technicians.
- Identify equipment requirements to conduct each test and coordinate scheduling to ensure the availability of this equipment.
- Monitor test preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test.
- Analyze test results, prepare a comprehensive written report.
- Maintain Test Report Database, maintain standards library
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards.
- Assist in the design, construction and installation of equipment as required to improve test operations.
- Develop schedules, coordinate and manage projects of minor to major size with little to no supervision.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on electrical power. MUST be in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years electrical testing on electrical power equipment
- Demonstrated background of power engineering
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards required
- Technical writing skills - writing test reports
- Willingness to travel to perform tests in outside labs – International travel may be required
- Ability to write technical documents such as test reports, engineering standards and technical papers.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media