Logistics & Materials Manager
$100000 to $120000 Per Year
In this role you will manage the safe, efficient, and timely flow and warehousing of goods; actively implement and control the overall distribution concept and strategy.
You will monitor and control receiving, movement, and shipping of parts and products throughout multiple locations, as well as the material handling of rejects, proper handling and movement of parts internally and externally. A focus on overseeing incoming and outgoing material to ensure accuracy and completeness, and to ensure all operational procedures for material movement inside and between plants are followed. You will be the owner of of Kanban systems, setting up, removing and monitoring.
**Management of missing/misplaced parts: Monitor, elevate and take actions to achieve metrics.**
In addition you will be responsible for leading a team of 4 direct reports and ~65-70 indirect reports. Supervise Shipping, Receiving, Material Handling and Domestic Transportation
- Coordinate activities of departments to deliver efficient material movement to drive costs/inventory investment down while improving accuracy and response time to customers
- Manage the supply chain at the plant level, interfacing with vendors, third-party providers, and the materials/supply chain system
- Support plant business units’ quality, safety, productivity, and customer service goals
- Oversee production and packaging operations, procurement of materials, inventory control, and the effective utilization of personnel within the material handling group
- Manage the domestic transportation logistics including cost and quality audits
- Work closely with various shipping carriers and 3PL providers to assure standards are being met
- Audit logistics carriers / 3PL invoices and approval.
- Provide Continuous Improvement Processes and work closely with the IT team to develop these projects from inception to completion including implementation and training
- Work closely with plant warehouse, packaging, and procurement operations; provide necessary product quantities, correct orders, and on-time deliveries through proper daily production scheduling of packaging and processing materials
- Review, analyze, modify, and implement efficient and effective department processes, policies and procedures for all receiving, shipping and material handling operations
- Develop, implement and monitor the department budget; manage expenses within approved budget constraints
- Identify, document and implement opportunities for continuous improvement
- Hire, train, supervise, motivate, lead and develop material handling/logistics staff; manage schedules and workflow
- Assign duties and monitor quality of staff work; assure staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively work to promote and recognize performance
- Monitor overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions
- Arrange and optimize material flow of the factory for productivity and safety
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance of personnel and implement improvements
- Review, develop, and implement warehouse location management processes including location optimization and reduction of touch time
- Develop and maintain metrics to track Picking, Receiving, Cycle Counts, inventory adjustments, and other warehousing activities
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing and/or supply chain environment
- Success building and leading strong teams
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Basic understanding of subordinates’ duties and responsibilities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills are crucial to the success of this person in this role
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient in ERP/MRP systems.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines with strong sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated sound judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus
- Must be able to lift and move a minimum of 45 pounds without assistance
Are you prepared to work for a premier Chicagoland area manufacturing employer? Our client is a multi-Million dollar global producer of top notch products, seen as the best in their business! Come join a great team in an employee owned company. Enjoy a strong salary and excellent benefits, along with career growth, job challenge and a feeling of accomplishment / success.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media