$55000 to $87000 Per Year
Responsible for the repair, testing and calibration of clinical equipment, devices, instruments and systems. Inspect, install and provide scheduled maintenance of clinical equipment. Supports clinical equipment, medical staff, technicians, and administrators with technical assistance and advice. Performs skilled tasks in the areas of Biomedical Equipment Technology and general maintenance. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have and maintain ACI (or current credential) certification as a CBET, CRES, CLES or attainment within one year of hire date.
- Dialysis experience preferred. (While nice not a deal breaker.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle report and show proof of valid car insurance.
- Willing to drive to various Network locations.
Associate’s, bachelor’s degree or military equivalent program in Biomedical Engineering / Electronics, Electronic Technology or other related field with a minimum of four years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted if approved.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled (PM) Maintenance on Clinical Equipment.
- Installs and calibrates Clinical Equipment.
- Provides Clinical Equipment pre-purchase and contract evaluations.
- Provides clinical support and training in proper equipment operation to staff.
- Assumes duties of Senior Biomed in his/her absence.
- Complies with the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/or financial practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of Associates degree in Bio-Medical Electronics from an accredited institution.
- Experience: Minimum of five years in Bio-Med Equipment repair and patient care systems.
- Must have precise eye/hand control, excellent finger dexterity, ability to calibrate equipment, computer data input-extract and ability to work in delicate areas with precise manipulation.
- Must be able to communicate with interior/exterior customers for equipment purchases and training.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds, work in restricted and congested areas, work kneeling, stooping, and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to calculate equations using formulas to determine required power, troubleshoot, analyze and evaluate problems with solutions.
- Must have sufficient vision, hearing, and speaking to perform job duties.
- Must have a valid driver's license and willing to drive to various Network locations.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge. Knowledge of electronic theory, technology and test equipment. Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology as it relates to clinical equipment. Basic knowledge of computers, servers, networks and Windows operating systems.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media