Sr. Cost accountant
$80000 to $88000 Per Year
In your role as Sr. Cost Accountant, you will perform complex cost accounting tasks, audits, and analysis requiring working knowledge of accounting principles and practices. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to resolve financial reporting, forecasting and analysis issues. In this role you will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement of costing and other financial processes.
What We Are Looking For
- Performs annual cost roll and daily costing for finished goods and purchased parts.
- Maintains ZWAR & ZCIM w/rates and establish new product warranty rates.
- Prepares monthly Engineering Change report and analysis.
- Forecasting of ECN Variances.
- Performs daily review of ECNs for cost requirements and impact.
- Responsible for PPV reporting and analysis, including reporting by Val class.
- Prepares BW PPV actual/forecast and inflation reports.
- Responsible for MCO reporting & analysis, PIR accuracy, and Commodity analysis.
- Monthly PPV review with Purchasing department.
- Participates in the budget and forecasting process.
- Supports development of financial models and other analytical tools.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with Factory, Purchasing, and Engineering teams, to resolve financial reporting, forecasting and analysis issues.
- Responsible for improving cost accounting system methods, procedures and controls for a repeatable process. Provides interpretation of accounts and methods for managers.
What Drives Success
Having the right qualifications is only a part of what it takes to be a successful employee. we believe in following a set of behaviors and competencies to achieve your full potential. In this position, it is vital that you embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: You successfully partner with your colleagues and customers to deliver timely results. You effectively collaborate with a diverse group of individuals to maintain a wide perspective while accomplishing a common goal.
- Decision Quality: You make thoughtful and timely decisions with the best interest of the organization in mind, prioritizing and organizing key deliverables and ensuring stakeholder buy in.
- Communicates Effectively: You demonstrate oral and written communication skills that are clear, concise and professional. You are an active listener with interest in others’ insights and points of view.
- Drives Engagement: You understand why work matters and help to create a supportive environment. You have the ability to motivate others to work toward common goals and celebrate team successes.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of cost control systems and related cost accounting functions and includes the preparation of strategic recommendations to management
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media