Director of Patient Care Services
We are seeking a Director of Nursing for a fully integrated home health organization that is highly profitable and backed by private equity.
This opportunity will report to the Administrator and will directs, supervise and evaluate the activities of the clinical area. Responsible for all professional programs, as well as, programs for the Home Health Aides.
- Identifies and evaluates the potential needs and resources in relation to community health and the Agency policies and programs.
- Assists in the development of the policies, programs and functions for the Agency as they relate to clinical services.
- Participates in the review, analysis and appraisal of effectiveness of the total Agency program
- Responsible to ensure orientation of all new staff is carried out prior to first case assignment.
- Defines, allocates and supervises responsibilities within the province of nursing.
- Defines and prepares job classifications and job descriptions for clinical personnel.
- Recruits and maintains R.N. (s), home health aides and other clinical staff as needed, as additional positions arise or as vacancies occur in order to maintain sufficient qualified staff to safely and efficiently perform clinical functions.
- Oversees all PI/OBQI/OBQM Activities
- Provides for continuing evaluation of the nursing staff by:
- Evaluating job performance and utilizing available help in planning for professional growth.
- Evaluating the performance of other individuals in the division in relation to established standards and the individual’s professional development.
- Evaluating total nursing services in relation to Agency goals.
- Participates in periodic meetings with the administrator and/or Medical Director to ensure optimum communication and to discuss any mutual or Agency problems.
- Reviews all logs, including but not limited to Infection Control, Patient Complaints, Incident Reports on at least a quarterly basis, investigates problems/potential problems noted; offers recommendations for resolution/change.
- Responsible for conferring with the Administrator in the scheduling of monthly educational programs or for providing staff with information regarding educational opportunities within the community.
- Ensures completion of all Supervisory visits, competency assessments and performance evaluations at end of probationary period and at least annually thereafter, more frequently, if needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the scheduling of case conferences and team conferences are properly and periodically conducted.
- Allocate and supervise vacation and holiday time.
- Maintains and updates Disaster Plan. Keeps current Hurricane Disaster Plan List.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and procedures.
- Reports suspected privacy breaches to Privacy Official.
- Ensures availability of up to date clinical resources, information, periodicals and other information.
- Other duties as requested/qualified by supervisor.
Licensed Registered Nurse in the State
Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a professional nurse.
Two of these years of experience should have been in a supervisory, consultative, educational and/or administrative nursing position.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media