Title: Tax Manager /Senior Tax Mgr (CPA Required; Hybrid Role - Office 3 Days a Week on Average)
Location: Greater Nashville area
About our Client:
A well-established, growing, locally owned & opearted certified public accounting and advisory firm that delivers innovative tax, audit, accounting, and other specialized services. As a large, local CPA firm, they combine deep industry experience, comprehensive accounting and advisory services with a strong commitment to excellent client service.
Benefits & Features:
- Recognized as one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work for in the U.S.
- 2021 Best Places to Work Winner
- Torch Award for Ethics
- Competitive benefit offerings
- Mentor programs
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Young professionals programs
- Company culture that promotes from within
- Focus on community service projects and initiatives
- Work Hard, Play Hard
Your Role as the Tax (or Senior Tax) Manager:
The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing a client base consisting of corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, and individuals. The position will serve as a technical resource to the firm and its clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple engagements by properly delegating to staff and coordinating with partners on all phases of the engagement.
- Proactive effort to develop new business with both current and prospective clients.
- Provide leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff.
- Review tax work papers and determine that the engagement has been performed in accordance with
professional standards and the terms of the arrangement letter
Background Profile for the Tax Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; Master’s or Graduate degree in Taxation preferred
- 5+ years of public accounting tax experience
- Active CPA license required
- Thorough knowledge of the tax reporting process
- Strong skills in research and writing
- Commitment to outstanding client service
- Strong skills in general accounting
- Great interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication