Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client is a global manufacturer in the Western Suburbs seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. This is a full time hourly role.
Remote work is available as well.
They offer superb prospects for professional growth, along with a competitive salary, healthcare benefits, and 401k.
- This candidate will perform a variety of duties to process payment of supplier invoices. and manage global mailboxes and invoice processing.
- Prepare invoices for payment including verification for correctness of quantity received, price, and address.
- Verify correct account distribution, matching via xRM, handle discrepancies, adjustments, and exceptions.
- Enter invoices for payment and file electronically in a paperless system.
- Match and enter vendor credit memos/debit memos.
- Manage AP global and personal work email mailboxes.
- Serve as back-up for weekly payment cycles.
- Manage global loaders, invoice management, oversight and payments.
- Save and process received invoices onto the system in a timely manner.
- Manage the daily physical mail and convert invoices to an electronic format, sending out for approval when necessary.
- Handle supplier telephone and email inquiries with promptness.
- Utilize all tools provided to efficiently and effectively reconcile supplier accounts.
- Work with Purchasing and other areas to resolve issues and exceptions in a timely manner.
- Manage outstanding receipts on system through the unvouched receipt report and open invoices, not to exceed 20+ days without resolution.
- Crate new suppliers as needed.
- Manage banking on all suppliers.
- Research and problem solve system issues.
- Know and understand company policies and defined business rules within XRM and GP that either directly or indirectly applies to AP.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Treasury and Global Accounts Payable Manager.
This position requires working and intermediate Microsoft Office skills, and the ability to prioritize duties as assigned and multi-task efficiently.
- One year of college accounting or the equivalent experience with a strong knowledge of basic accounting.
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Excellent communication and excel skill.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media