Software Development Manager
$120000 to $136000 Per Year
Major well established and growing company that is part of the global leader in what they manufacture and has a very good working culture has due to growth a newly created opportunity in the southern portion of the upstate of NY for a Software Development Manager. In this role will be responsible for overall leadership, development, and delivery of software products that are of high quality. Leadership will be provided in the area of real time embedded application, telematic as well as other foundational system development. Will lead and manage R&D and technical software programs utilizing bother internal and 3rd party resources that result in new and/or improved product as well as increased output and/or reduced cost. Will travel up to 10-15% of the time which will most likely be domestic. Will manage spend versus budget. New programs will be ensured to adhere to, and to align with architectural roadmap. Will develop working relationships with other functions ( operations, engineering, finance, etc.) Training will be created and executed for Sr. Developers to ensure the latest technology continues to be applied and available to the company. This is a very good opportunity to from white board to craft /create and define the process. This role involves management over up to 30+ people. Utilized is embedded C, C++ / Linux, and C#. There is a relocation package available as well as profit sharing averaging about 7% (available after 1 year of service).
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related degree with a Master degree preferred
- PMP certification or pursuit of is preferred
- At least 12 years of technical engineering experience
- 5 years minimum of technical management experience
- In depth demonstrated skill in embedded code development
- Technical skill demonstrated in developing architecture that can be applied over a line of product that is diverse
- Success at developing high performing teams
- Product development, productions, and application / platform integration project experience
- Experience working in an integrated, multi-functional, team environment
- Experience applying cost control, schedule, and risk and opportunity management
- Presentation and organizational skills that are very strong
- Communication and interpersonal skills that are excellent
- Expressing of ideas is also important
- Needed also is experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation
- Relevant backgrounds include automotive, material handling, off the road vehicles, industrial equipment, automation, and robotics
- CAN protocol experience is a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media