Vice President General Manager - Technical Products (Electronics)
Our client has more than 40 years of experience connecting people and devices, they are dedicated to helping their clients embrace the intelligent edge to enable digital transformation.
Headquartered in the Pittsburgh PA area our client has the largest footprint in the industry, with approximately 200 locations serving 141 countries. With almost 3500 team members worldwide, they serve more than 175,000 customers in every major industry sector.
The Vice President, Technical Products is responsible for profitable growth of the business unit. This is a general management role ideal for someone who is globally minded and entrepreneurial in their approach. Reporting to the CEO, this role will play a key role in the company’s future strategy.
The ideal candidate must be a strong and essential contributor to the senior management team in developing the operating strategy, and ensuring overall profitability and process improvements for the business unit. Thought leadership, a general management mind-set, and the ability to execute flawlessly will be absolutely key to this individual’s success. The individual we are seeking must have a strong drive to succeed in a very competitive global environment, lead with vision and enthusiasm, and be committed to leading by example.
· Achieving financial related targets
· Driving profitable growth of the business unit
· Develop operating strategy
· Flawless execution within Operations.
· Develop a technology roadmap and gain a strong understanding of the market.
· Identifying new revenue opportunities
· Product & service innovation
· Working cross-functionally to meet client expectations and goals;
· Hiring and retaining top talent
· Coaching and developing Team Members
· Provide executive sponsorship to ensure that staff are smoothly and effectively running accounts
· Effective management of time and resources
· Seeking opportunities and Leveraging them in the best interest of the company
· Leading and participating in the development and delivery of business development presentations
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role.
- Strong product experience.
- Experience with developing sales in both a channel and direct sales mode.
- Strong international experience.
- Is a proven leader in establishing climate, culture and strategic directions that drive success.
- Strong personal leadership and energy.
- Ability to successfully facilitate meetings, listen and assimilate opposing views and build consensus with high-powered individuals, including senior distributor and vendor executives.
- Proven ability to successfully execute.
- Impeccable oral and written communication, negotiation and resolution skills at the senior executive level. Ability to be forceful but diplomatic and find the win-win.
- Results oriented, but not at the expense of alienating partners or colleagues by not getting the needed group buy-in and support.
- Dynamic presentation / speaking skills and comfortable in front of large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and advise on technological trends and cost impact to the business.
- Must be a strong collaborator with a track record of working effectively with senior executives to generate unified strategies and plans to create a results-driven environment.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be capable and comfortable interfacing with executives, BOD, clients and partners.
- Strong ability to work in changing environment, and ability to think critically.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture.
- Willingness to travel 40-50% of the time internationally.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media