Talent Acquisition Manager
- GENERAL SUMMARY:
Our standards are high, and we are proud of the contribution we make to helping employees achieve their best at work. Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the energetic and motivated Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing effective workforce planning, recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent (internal and external) for the organization.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for the full-cycle recruitment experience, from workforce planning to talent sourcing and attraction to interviewing and hiring great employees under the guidance of the Human Resources Director. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Workforce Planning – Will be responsible to effectively execute the planning of current and future workforce needs.
- Partner with Human Resources Managers and local Personnel Coordinators (PC’s) to manage on-going talent needs for hourly and salaried positions from job description/posting to onboarding.
- Identify and develop internal talent to meet future labor needs by leading the labor forecast process and manage succession plans.
- Talent Sourcing – Will serve as an ambassador and recruitment strategist with talent sources such as internal candidates and referrals, schools, community employment programs, advertising, social media, and agencies and will manage all programs related to talent resourcing.
- Manage all high school and college internship programs, including identification of the internal needs, coordination of the program, selection of the participating interns, and follow up with the participants.
- Based on current and future training needs to meet workforce plans, establish strong partnerships with schools who are training potential future employees.
- Manage all posting sources and social media activity for the promotion of position openings.
- Identify and participate in all job fairs and other community events that provide an opportunity to connect with potential job candidates.
- Maintain all community relationships related to applicant sources, and work with local PC’s to ensure participation in pertinent job fairs and other recruiting sources in each location.
- Applicant Screening – Establish, certify, and oversee applicant screening process to maintain company-wide consistency and ensure participants follow company policy.
- Ensure all position job descriptions are updated to meet current duties and are consistent with grade structure.
- Ensure job postings are consistent with position and grade structure and are approved.
- Ensure marketing of company culture is consistent with all our job postings and applicant communications.
- Ensure selection of all new hires is based on following our company interview policies.
- Certify interviewers, and ensure certified interviewers are used for interviewing panels.
- Ensure every hire has a great experience!
- New Hire Onboarding - Ensure on-boarding of new, promoted, and transferred candidates is consistent company-wide.
- Oversee company-wide use of onboarding training materials, “new hire packet” acknowledged policies and forms in Oracle, new hire communications, internal communication to hiring managers, and orientation scheduling.
- Work with local HR teams to ensure the new hire onboarding program consistently provides a great experience and appropriate training for new hires, meet the needs of the existing team, and meets company retention, training, culture-match and compliance requirements.
- Compliance - Ensure laws are followed with respect to interviewing techniques and offers of employment.
- Provide certification training to all participants in the recruitment process.
- Oversee all job posting and candidate evaluation and selection processes to ensure focus on equal opportunity is adhered to and promoted.
- Oversee all offers of employment to ensure proper approval of job posting and job offers.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Worksite Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, this associate will work in the office, and field or other department areas.
- QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred to successfully accomplish this position:
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five+ years combined experience in human resources managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process preferably in a retail environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency, both verbal and written, required.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish presentation skills required, must be comfortable leading presentations and meetings with associates including management teams.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required, Learning Management Systems and HR information systems experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Professional verbal and written communication and grammar/punctuation skills, including the ability to develop written communication in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully, identify and solve workplace issues, and maintain a supportive and trustworthy working relationship with all associates.
- Ability to travel to assigned remote company locations as needed. (30% +/- travel)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media