The BI Developer will work as part of a team, given independence and responsibility to fulfill their role in the team, constantly innovating with new techniques and technologies to provide the best solutions for clients. The company's data professionals are responsible for ensuring clients gain maximum benefit from data capabilities and discover new insights for their business. BI Developers build an understanding of clients’ business and works closely with them to successfully implement their critical business information needs. BI Developers are skilled at using industry standard BI platforms and reporting tools to report and analyze the data maintained on behalf of clients.
BI Developer will be responsible for:
- Using BI/Reporting tool suites (e.g. Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI) technology for implementing and supporting data processing jobs.
- Innovation and application of BI Reporting platforms to provide actionable insights. Includes effective report authoring and delivery, dashboard creation, and consulting for clients.
- Working in cross-functional teams productively to support client requirements.
- Creating product documentation for internal and external consumption, including wiki pages, freeform documents, videos, and other documentation artifacts.
- Communicating with clients in a consultative capacity to help answer questions regarding business, data and technical issues while identifying other value opportunities for clients.
- Ensuring that clients data remains secure during the entire data analytics lifecycle.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on reporting requirements, either created internally or externally, for technical feasibility, estimation, gaps in requirements, and overall business value.
The ideal BI Developer candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, data analytics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working with a BI Platform on a day-to-day basis. Candidates with both Cognos and Tableau experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with relational databases, including SQL and database objects such as views, stored procedures, functions, and their use in BI/Reporting tools.
- Experience with modeling data in star schemas and utilizing tools to report on multiple dimensions and several fact tables.
- Experience with using visualizations to communicate more complex data relationships and trends.
- Expertise in SQL. Oracle and SQL Server experience preferred.
- Experience with maintenance and administration of production data warehousing and BI reporting systems.
- Experience reporting on large datasets from a data warehouse, and techniques for working with data in volume effectively to create reports and dashboards.
- Experience with Cognos Authoring and framework manager is a plus.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media