Our client is a leading full-service systems integrator and original equipment manufacturer. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Designer I to join their team.
Title: Designer I
Location: Sacramento, CA
Overview: Under direct supervision, create schematic diagrams and panel elevation drawings in AutoCad Electrical per the department standards. Design and integrate electrical components with proper control functionality. Work in a team environment to put together engineering submittal packages consisting of formal notes, drawings, manufacturer catalog information, bill of materials, interconnects, loop diagrams and any additional data required to meet contract plans & specifications and/or customer needs.
- Create interconnect drawings with help from the engineer or senior drafter
- Create power distribution, PLC I/O, motor control diagrams, panel layout drawings with assistance from
- Use AutoCad Electrical to create schematic diagrams and panel elevations
- Understand the basic drafting standards and commands in AutoCad/AutoCad Electrical
- Assist engineers in the following areas: AutoCad schematic & panel design, BOM creation, submittal preparation (FI, EDC, Seismic, etc.)
- Use company software to create submittal documents: formal letters, RFIs, test forms, load calculations, BOM, etc.
- Understand the basic operation of electrical controls, components, and correctly display functionality on the CAD drawings with help from an Engineer
- Capable of integrating electrical components in new and existing equipment with help from an Engineer
- Understand the logistics of projects (Submittals, Submit and Release, Consultant, Contractors) and capable of running a project with help from an Engineer
- Coordinate & communicate with internal departments: purchasing, quality control, sales, production, and field service with help from an Engineer
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting engineering sketches, contract plans & specifications, and related data with help from an Engineer
- Capable of understanding relay logic with help from an Engineer
- Learn the 15 basic AutoCad Electrical tools with help from an Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, EE, ME, CPE is a plus
- Intro to electrical design or 1-2 years of experience designing electrical circuits
- 1-5 years w/ AutoCad, CAD certificate is a plus
- 3-5 years as Drafter III
- Extensive knowledge in AutoCad, computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media