$60000 to $65000 Per Year
Our Denver-based client is seeking a Payroll Accountant for their construction services organization. The Payroll Accountant will contribute to the success of the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Setup and administer payroll system including new pay/benefit codes, taxability, system mapping, and other related items.
- Research and implement payroll related legislation and compliance including Certified Payroll.
- Completes Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Payroll/Tax Reporting.
- Produces Monthly Payroll Reconciliations for Balance Sheet Accounts related to Payroll.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Payroll
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Respect for confidentiality and a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability within the team environment.
- Experience with Certified Payroll/Prevailing wages and work with Unions a plus.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media