Maintenance Technician - Refrigeration
$25 to $26 Per Hour
Maintenance Tech - Day Shift - Manufacturing - Darien, WI
The Industrial Maintenance Technician will perform diagnostics and repairs on the mechanical systems of the plant's machines and equipment, including hydraulic, steam, and chemical piping systems. The technician shall be required to inspect equipment and diagnose malfunctions through preventive maintenance plans, analyze equipment failures, and assist in determining root causes.
- Troubleshoot mechanical machine failures by disassembly and inspection of components.
- Utilize technical documentation (prints, manuals, specifications, etc.) to aid in troubleshooting.
- Determine root cause of failure and correct condition to prevent reoccurrence.
- Repair failure using current procedures and recommend alternative methods of repair.
- Develop, document, and perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks to maximize equipment reliability.
- Perform precision maintenance tasks such as alignment checks, measurement of mechanical clearances, and balancing of rotating equipment.
- Understand and comply with all OSHA, state, and local codes
- Read and understand labels, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals, and written instructions accurately.
- Use Company computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to record and access maintenance-related information.
- Understand and comply with Company safety requirements
- Demonstrate safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment.
- Acquire new mechanical, pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge.
- Off-shift schedule and overtime, as required, in a Union environment
- Knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of common mechanical systems found in an industrial manufacturing facility. Previous experience with conveyors (screw, drag, belt), centrifugal pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and material handling systems preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent education or equivalent combination of industrial experience and education.
- Passing score on 3rd Party Skills Assessment Exam
- Preferred: Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: Basic Microsoft Office knowledge and/or CMMS knowledge.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media