SEC Reporting Manager
SEC Reporting Manager
Food Processing Company —$100-150K plus 15% bonus – Boise, ID, will also consider remote candidates
- CPA preferred
- Targeting 5-7+ years of experience
- 4 weeks PTO, great benefits
- Big 4 and manufacturing experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA, CMA certification and/or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of business experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting. Some experience with a public accounting firm preferred.
- SEC audit experience strongly preferred, Derivative accounting knowledge a plus.
- General knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the basics of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Strong communication, organization, and planning skills
- Proven experience with managing and guiding a team.
- Proven ability to multi-task and strong project management skills
- Ability to research and reconcile multiple accounts with minimal supervision
- Proficient PC skills with SAP financials experience preferred
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Products
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for internal and external financial statements in compliance with GAAP, SEC, and/or other local regulatory requirements.
- Participate actively in recurring and special projects involving accounting matters, such as policy updates, compliance support, and process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in and review period-end close activities to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform period-end close activities ranging from preparation and review of monthly journal entries in the SAP general ledger to reviewing monthly financial results for accuracy.
- Review monthly accounting schedules supporting balance sheet account reconciliations in Blackline (automated tool).
- Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and supporting schedules for the quarterly and annual filings with the SEC.
- Oversee XBRL reporting for SEC filings.
- Assist with the preparation of technical accounting memos and potential mergers and acquisition activity.
- Establish effective processes and controls for compliance with effective internal control requirements of a publicly traded company.
- Exercise judgment in financial, operational, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues.
- Prioritize multiple activities simultaneously.
- Assist with evaluating effectiveness of processes, procedures, and control environment and develop improvements, as needed.
- Document processes (e.g. desk procedures) and recommend process improvements.
- Effectively communicate information impacting various groups within the organization (tax, legal, HR, business units, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work in a team environment both within and outside of assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate in special projects involving general accounting, such as FASB updates, business partner requests, and systems conversions.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media