Supervisor 3rd shift
$70000 to $80000 Per Year
Supervisor-Fill/Finish-Frederick, MD - 3rd Shift (10:00pm-6:30am)
To support production by supervising daily operations. Local candidates/no relocaiton available
Please be familiar with Formulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience
- Proven ability to follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet project timelines consistently and independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support daily operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions.
- Lean/six sigma/PPI manufacturing experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be familiar with formulations
Ability to work overtime as needed including both Saturday and Sunday.
- Oversee a product value stream by supervising up to 4 production areas
- Support and maintain production standards.
- Ensure employees are following company policies and is responsible for issuing warnings if/when needed.
- Manage shift-to-shift communications to ensure seamless transition of work between shifts.
- Promote a safe and positive team environment to achieve daily production goals.
- Direct the daily workload to ensure schedule completion while managing utilization and efficiency.
- Trend production metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA/class 7 and 8 requirements.
- Maintain quality system by following SOP’s and work instructions.
- Update manufacturing instructions/bill of materials/routers as needed.
- Assist/Lead departmental projects to promote PPI and achieve cost saving goals.
- Complete manufacturing review of production documents and close work orders as needed.
- Open and manage problem reports/CAPA/Change Control as needed.
- Prepares performance reviews for all employees within the department and evaluates personnel performance on a routine basis.
- Perform time studies to identify areas of improvement within the work center.
- Support the department by assisting production as needed.
- Maintains staffing plan.
The Manufacturing Operations supervisor is responsible for overseeing production with general responsibility for safety, quality, and compliance on a daily basis. The Supervisor will maintain a skilled manufacturing team responsible for staging materials, printing labels and batch records, formulating bulks and filling/capping/labeling of components used in the assembly of finished good kits that are purchased by our customers for clinical diagnostic and research purposes. The Supervisor will also effectively communicate during daily shift changeover to promote both inter- and intra-shift cohesion. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance and performance.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media