RN - Director of Infection Prevention
$45 to $50 Per Hour
PERM FULL TIME-Director of Infection Prevention- Brooksville, FL
SHIFT: No Weekends
The Director of Infection Prevention is responsible for coordination of the hospital-wide Infection Control Program which includes surveillance, analysis, and reporting of nosocomial infections, education of staff, and the development of health system policies and procedures to ensure rigorous infection control standards that meet regulatory requirements.
This hospital is the largest medical facility in Hernando County, recently completing a major expansion, bringing its bed total to 280 and adding its popular obstetrics program, The Maternity Suites. The hospital is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular surgery program and one of the most advanced robotic assisted surgical systems. The hospital launched GME a few years ago which continues to expand and now includes anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, geriatrics, internal medicine podiatry and transitional year programs.
This facility has achieved several distinctions including: first in the nation to have achieved 100% board certified emergency nurses; first Florida hospital and two-time recipient of the Lantern Award by the Emergency Nurses Association; certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center; comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center with digital mammography; accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program (CoC) and Orthopaedic & Spine Institute.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, student loan repayment program, tuition reimbursement, and an employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are all caregivers. Our people making a difference for our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, we have been committed to our patients and to our employees. Here, we are all caregivers.
Bachelors degree required; Masters Degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in infection control nurse in an inpatient hospital is strongly preferred.
- Has Knowledge and experience in patient care practices, microbiology, aseptic technique, disinfection/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication, and epidemiology.
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure.
- If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire. If MPH license not applicable
- Shift: M-F 8 hour days
- FTEs: 1.5 Infection Preventionist that will work under the Director
- Must have Bachelors Degree, Masters preferred
- 3- 5 years of infection prevention experience. MUST HAVE clinical experience staff level and leadership in hospital based setting within infection control.
- MUST BE STRONG
- Must have FL RN BSN/ Will also consider a Masters in Public Health.
- Do not need the CIC Certification at the time of submittal, but they will be required to earn the cert within one year of hire
- Reports to: Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety and Chief Medical Officer
Compensation: $100-$110k earn up to 15% in incentive bonuses
Sign on: Up to $5,000
Relo: Up to $10,000
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media