CNC Manufacturing Technician
$18 to $24 Per Hour
Growing international company in a good location in east central Alabama has an opportunity due to growth for a 2nd shift CNC Manufacturing Technician. In this role will use advanced technical knowledge to troubleshoot and repair plant production equipment. Will perform all duties associated with the setup of a variety of production equipment to produce quality products. There is the potential of paid OT for this position and there is occasional work on a Saturday. Paid relocation assistance is associated with the position also and will do this from anywhere in the U.S.A.
- Should be able to setup and run 4 axis CNC Vertical Mills, 4 axis CNC Horizontal Mills and lathe machines.
- Able to perform all tool changes and offsets on the CNC machines.
- Ability to maintain the Cutting Tool inventory and work with cutting tool supplier for Improvements in machining process and tool life.
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance problems and alarms on CNC machines.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines to insure consistent machine performance
- Gathering and monitoring data on the process to ensure process control.
- Ability to interpret the CMM reports with Quality team to perform the corrections on the CNC machine.
- To be involved in the new projects for programming and other items related in Machining.
- Ability to troubleshoot and restart the Robots in the line for CNC.
- Performs various duties relating to automation and robotics, machine shop fabrication
- Maintains statistical process charting, interpretation, and trend-analysis in order to perform process or equipment adjustments to bring parts into specification
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements:
- Strong math background, preferably in machine math
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Thorough Understanding of GD&T
- Previous experience with tight tolerances
- Complete required quality inspections
- Experience in set-up and troubleshooting of CNC milling machines
- Experience with measurement equipment, such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc.
- Programming experience on CNC Lathe machines a plus
- Previous experience in the Automotive industry is a plus.
- Should have good mechanical aptitude for problem solving.
- Passionate about prototyping and machining
- Positive energy and attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Should have good 5S work ethic during setup process and
- Ability to learn quickly and self-motivated
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment and team structure
- Advanced troubleshooting skills using mechanical, electrical, hydraulic knowledge
- Working Experience with ABB robots is a plus.
- High School diploma in equivalent education and experience
3+ years of technical experience in fast paced machine shop.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
May be required to lift or carry products, parts, and/or other materials of various sizes and weights. (Frequently 5 – 25 pounds), (Occasionally 25 – 75 pounds), (Rarely greater than 75 pounds)
Ability to stand and/or walk constantly over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to perform occasional to frequent pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, twisting, crawling and/or reaching over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to use power/vibrating tools over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to operate motorized vehicles over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Exposure to noise levels for which hearing protection is required to be worn over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay, Anniversary Pay, and 401K.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media