Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of specialty chemicals used in consumer and industrial products. Due to their continued growth, we are searching for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer for their Wilmington, DE area facility. This individual will:
- Design, development and implementation for automation projects.
- Develops process control requirements.
- Develops and implements process control solutions.
- Proactively identifies and implements new automation concepts and technologies in order to achieve general objectives.
- Proposes recommendations for continuous improvement by utilizing knowledge regarding process equipment and chemical processes.
- Develops plant and site automation strategy.
- Ability to integrate safety, cGMP, environmental, quality and other regulatory requirements into all projects.
- Leads integration of new automation technology in capital projects.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in multiple projects.
- Ability to independently identify activities needed to complete a project successfully.
- Ability to take independent decisions in absence of direct/functional supervision.
- Identify and resolve problems in an innovative and creative manner as they relate to plant and site automation.
- Ability to initiate, design, qualify, and implement large automation projects.
- Responsible for identifying computerized systems guidelines, standards and procedures for development or revision.
- Participate in the prioritization and selection of projects.
- Be the internal expert on computerized systems and related technologies. Implements site standards for instrumentation and control systems.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 5-10 years process control experience or a MS in Electrical Engineering or related field with 3-5 years process control experience.
- Technical experience Distributive Control Systems is required. Delta V and/or Rockwell experience is preferred.
- Computer validation experience is required. PLC (programmable logic controller) experience required.
- Automation experience with equipment such as reactors, boilers, chillers, pumps, and utility support equipment is required.
- Experience with designing and automating for chemical batch processing is required.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media