Production Supervisor 3rd ShiftThis client based in Sidney, OH, North of Dayton, OH, has been recognized as a world leader in developing bold products and bringing them to market. Their goal is to produce high-quality products that exceed customers’ expectations. They have a high regard for their employees and have a work culture that excites professionals in all disciplines. They are currently recruiting for a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is accountable for leading, directing and coordinating activities for assigned production staff to achieve targets set for areas including but not limited to safety, quality, productivity, process and product improvement, compliance, cost, etc. This is a 3rd shift position.
- Directly supervises departmental employees by carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Acts at all times in line with the Company values, particularly leadership, integrity and respect for people.
- Supervises assigned staff in daily operations, maintaining a high level of floor presence, monitoring daily operations and processes, and providing direction to staff as needed to maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Coaches and counsels employees on a timely basis regarding performance (behavior, skills and attitude) to form a high performance team. Responsible for performance appraisal process for the manufacturing staff.
- Identifies training needs of assigned staff to ensure that needs are satisfied.
- Ensures adequate material supply for next shift if appropriate.
- Determines production schedule, updates schedule and communicates production information with other shifts so that resources are fully utilized.
- Uses innovation and analytical tools to reduce cycle time and optimize production scheduling so that resources are fully utilized.
- Monitors and communicates production metrics.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives, applying tools such as Lean Manufacturing to improve quality, cost, safety and cycle time.
- Handles routine problems independently. Works with cross-functional experts in solving problems using root cause problem solving skills.
- Guides, monitors and develops teams to foster continuous improvement. Sets realistic objectives and clearly assigns accountability and responsibility for tasks and decisions.
- Administers performance management activities in accordance with applicable policies including but not limited to evaluations, disciplinary actions and attendance tracking.
- Schedules and assigns required overtime meeting production requirements.
- Implements and enforces Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Ensures employee safety by performing routine safety observations and equipment inspections.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.e. special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- 5-10 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- This is a 3rd shift position.
- Strong production leadership skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media