6041 Assurance Senior
Actively participate in the assurance engagement process by preparing financial statement and other audit review and compilation procedures or other assurance projects. Oversee fieldwork procedures on engagements and provides supervision and development to Assurance staff. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Execute audit, review and other assurance procedures.
- Supervise and review work of Assurance staff and/or interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for training of Assurance staff.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to complete assurance engagements.
- Perform testing and analysis of accounts and controls and prepare financial statements and related documents.
- Complete assignments within established budget for assigned areas and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget for assigned client engagements.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete and ensure completion of accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, judgment and knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Lead client and team interaction to help ensure efficient flow of information between team members and client personnel.
- Identify process improvements resulting in efficiencies on client engagements.
- Comprehend and summarize complex issues and perform technical research.
- Ability to complete assignments timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate ability to work additional hours necessary to meet client deadlines.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to address conflict with peers and subordinates.
- Consistently enhance and develop individual, professional and technical skills.
- Provide timely feedback to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of the associate.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA or successfully passed at least two sections of the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Approximately 2-3 years of financial audit experience.
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- May supervise interns and staff members on client engagements.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media