Sr. Manager Warehouse/Distribution
$130000 to $145000 Per Year
Sr. Distribution/Warehouse Manager- Cambridge MA
The role is responsible for managing the logistics operation and driving optimization (Service, Safety, Quality, Cost) and performance of our North American distribution network.
The Sr. Manager will review the North America supply chain and distribution network to evaluate the potential opportunity of strategically transitioning into a central warehousing and transportation model to support all the manufacturing plants located in North America.
- Optimize the North American distribution network, staying ahead of our growing business and customer needs.
- Manage logistics network projects.
- Quantify the proposed centralized solution in support of developing a formal project business case. This will include high-level transportation and warehouse cost factors with service levels from the centralized DC to each of the plants. VVS NA currently has 4 plants in the US. Out of the 4 plants, 3 plants are in scope for the centralized solution.
- Drive continuous improvement activities that look at the end-to-end supply chain holistically.
- Work hand in hand with our manufacturing sites to establish joint opportunities for cost, service, speed, and quality improvements.
- Drive continued development and capability building within the NA Distribution Team.
- Develop operating plans and budgets that support the overarching company goals.
- Manage by exception, promoting a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Ensure we have the right technology to scale and manage our operations efficiently. Evaluate build vs. buy decision.
- Serves as the expert on all aspects of warehousing: storage and handling methods, space planning and warehouse layouts, loading/unloading, standard practices, procedures and policies.
- Recommends, implements, and champions warehouse performance and cost improvement initiatives.
- Owns key warehousing relationships with third-party warehouse providers.
- Prepares and presents expense and capital budgets requests along with supporting analysis and
- Works with customers and third-party warehousing and transportation providers on supply chain issues and projects (handling, storage, loading/unloading,).
- Publishes key warehouse metrics for management review. Key metrics include but are not limited to expenses, productivity, scrap rates, inventory accuracy, and cost reduction.
- Revises critical warehouse Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), assures training on SOPs.
- Provides direction, training, and developmental opportunities for warehouse staff.
- Ensure Quality compliance
- Ensures EHS compliance
- Ensure a Safe operation for all personal
- Perform & document regular safety inspections for internal sites, outlining deficiencies of all worksites. Propose and document timelines for all required repairs and improvements for deficiencies discovered during inspections.
- Responds to all audit comments and prepares appropriate action plans.
- Ensures proper use of SAP including material locations are accurate and updated in a timely fashion.
- Represents the Supply Chain Management group on corporate initiatives as assigned.
- Minimum required education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, or similar field.
- MBA preferred.
- 10 years’ experience required in a managerial role in Warehousing and Distribution and/ or logistics.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices required.
- Experience in ERP, OMS, and WMS systems, implementation, and optimization experience preferred.
- Cold Chain logistics experience a plus.
- Pharma, Biologics operations experience a plus.
- Lean experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Supporting Strategic Development and executing at a Tactical and Operational Level.
- Be always client and patient conscious. You are customer focused - always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers.
- Outstanding communicator, able to influence at all levels.
- Passionate about creating a performance-driven organization through effective objective setting, performance management, succession planning, recruitment and retention actions.
- Models positive thinking and is open to change, motivating the team to adapt to shifts in priorities and new ways of working.
- Process oriented. Proactively identify areas for improvement in the execution of procedures. Communicate risks to timelines in a proactive manner. Consistently strives to improve skills and knowledge in related field.
- Understand Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and strive to improve the performance of the team by identifying areas for system improvements and engage in problem solving.
- Sense of urgency: A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Operates with Safety in mind. Knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Operates with compliance in mind. Knowledge of quality systems SOP's and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Ability to travel between sites within NA to provide on-site support as required.
Our client’s employees are committed to making a difference in their organization, for their client partners and the patients they serve. We are looking for top talent with proven competencies and strong character to join our team and help lead our organization into the future.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media