The Shop Supervisor is responsible for running the department and coordinating two shifts. He/she will be responsible for the shop floor process to optimize the use of all resources and equipment while meeting and/or exceeding established goals. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the machinery and supporting functions. The safety and health of employees takes precedence over any other duties of this position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with shop employees and management to organize and schedule work
- Ensure goals and deadlines are met
- Review drawings for errors and work with engineering department to correct them
- Monitor and make recommendations to maintain and improve efficiencies
- Report any machine or process problems to Manager/ Maintenance
- Be able to perform multiple tasks and manage multiple project simultaneously
- Monitor job efficiencies and develop corrective action
- Perform various other duties as assigned by management
- Follow and adhere by all safety guidelines established by the company.
- Experience in an equipment repair shop, ideally related to turbines or power generation
- Basic background in manual machining and welding
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
- Good mathematical and print reading skills
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Additional education such as an Associate's degree or higher is a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media