Market Research -- New Business Development (Senior Level Seller-Doer)
$150000 to $225000 Per Year
In this role, you will spend most of your time developing client relationships -- primarily developing new relationships. You will partner closely with Research Directors to develop proposals for research studies and programs.
You will become a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Initiate contact and dialog with market research decision makers in medium & large-sized companies, advertising agencies, public relations firms, and non-profits
- Generate leads and opportunities using your existing network, prospecting, and events
- Effectively builds a sales pipeline and close new business
- Secure RFPs and develop winning proposals
- Secure and lead client meetings and sales presentations
- Manage client relationships
- Collaborate with research and operational teams to develop and execute project plans, defining scope, schedule, deliverables, resources, and budget.
- Provide high-level analytical guidance on sold research projects with strong support from internal research staff and analysts
- Track activity on a continual basis and submit weekly reports
- Develop long-term prospect and client sales plans
- Attend industry conferences in a business development capacity
- To be successful in this role you must love working as the “voice of the clients” and “orchestra leader” to internal Research Directors, operations team members, behavioral scientists, and qualitative innovators.
- We’re a team of highly entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative research and consulting professionals. We respect and like working with each other.
- 10+ years in market research with sales experience at a full-service custom research company
- A self-starter with a proven track record of generating new business, expanding client relationships, and meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Sales experience using a variety of methods
- Educating clients on the company and new products or services
- Familiarity with a range of research methods and study types (e.g., segmentation, product/concept testing, purchase journey, advertising/messaging, tracking, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple tasks and work within a team environment but also the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Experience with consultative selling and relationship development
- Experience collaborating with team members on projects you lead and willing to lend expertise on other client projects
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to develop business (in the future)
- 15+ years in marketing research , ideally with emphasis on custom quantitative research and qualitative experience
- 5+ years experience in consultative selling and/or business development
- Excellent consultative relationship building skills with existing and prospective clients and is both a Client Services Leader and Business
- Collaborative working style to meet deadlines in a way that is a win-win for clients and internal team members
- Strategic thinker and synthesizer, proven business builder with “executive level presence” who is seen as a Trusted Advisor to both clients and internal teams
- Proactive account leader adept at budgeting, project costing, profitability, and business planning
- Enjoy meeting with clients and prospective clients. Able to travel to develop/meet and present to
- A good motivator who can mobilize internal resources for proposal development, project design, and
- Excellent communicator who has strong written, verbal and presentation
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and urgent client needs while being kind to others
- Excellent, efficient project/process leader and time manager for yourself and for teams working with you on projects
- Master of standard business tools like MS Office, Google Suite,
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media