$100000 to $140000 Per Year
Polymer Engineer / Chemist
Salary Range: $80,000-$130,000
Short term career path to Product Development Manager!
Here you will find a great opportunity for a Polymer Engineer to step into a leadership role in short order with strong performance in project management. We are leading the search for a Polymer Engineering professional to join the team at a great plastics manufacturer in the Southeast U.S. The position requires polymer compounding and strong product development project management skills. You will work on custom formulations to solve processing, performance, or physical property problems related to materials.
This is a rock solid company that prides itself as a leader in innovation and product development. They offer an inclusive Team-Based operation, career stability, outstanding opportunities for advancement and growth and a generous salary and benefits package.
Polymer Engineer Responsibilities
- The Polymer Engineer will create and Improve polymer compounds and compounding processes.
- Product development of new compounds
- Manage Key product development projects, including lab and testing.
- Establish scale-up parameters, assist with processing problems in the plant.
- The Polymer Engineer will develop and implement testing methods and standard manufacturing procedures (work instructions)
- Design and optimize pilot processes to produce testable prototypes
- Work with external suppliers and ensure quality standards are implemented.
Requirements for Polymer Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Chemistry or similar.
- The Polymer Engineer will have 5+ years of experience in both polymer and composite formulation / blending (compounding), with a strong preference with experience with Polyolefins and similar products such as PP, PE, PET, and so forth.
- The desire to move into a Product Development Management role.
- Plant processing experience and the willingness to help out in the plant.
- Extremely strong Project Management Skills.
- 4+ years of Lab experience testing polymers and desire to manage the lab.
- Outgoing personality and both the ability and desire to work with internal and external customers and suppliers.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media