Protection & Controls Designer
Protection & Controls Designer - Substations
Locations: Albany NY, Raleigh NC, Philadelphia PA, Madison WI
Seeking a Protection & Controls - Substation Designer to join our growing Substation Engineering Team. You primary focus will be to prepare schematic and associated wiring diagrams for high voltage utility substations projects and renewable energy interconnections. You will work with engineers and consultants to create these drawings.
- Computer aided design and drafting of all engineering products and deliverables. Minimum of of 4 yrs. of CAD experience, AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Collaborate with engineers and other drafters to correct discrepancies in drawings and designs.
- Typical drafting is that of functional electrical drawings as shown below:
- Operations Diagrams
- Single Line Drawings
- Three Line Drawings
- Current and Potential Schematics
- Protection and Control Schematics
- Communication Schematics
- Alarm Schematics
- Associated Wiring Diagrams (Point to Point Translation)
- Importation of tables and calculations such as BOMs as well as creating notes to be applied to each drawing.
- Self-check all work performed to ensure its accuracy prior to turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review the work.
- Understand & meet project schedule, and quality requirements.
- Complete drawings accurately and efficiently. Detailed and quality oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain flexibility to changes in work assignments as changes occur in projects.
- Actively assist in the delivery of a complete project. This may include phone or e-mail correspondence, Microsoft Teams communications, attending meetings, and other project documents required for project completion.
- Provide interdepartmental support as required.
- Associate degree in Design & Drafting Technology or related field of study.
- Minimum of 4 yrs. of CAD experience, AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Previous experience drafting schematic and associated wiring drawings for high voltage utility substations projects is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US. FULL-TIME POSITION!
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media