Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for overseeing the administration of the maintenance operation, including inventory control and purchasing, vendor relations and selection, and maintenance record keeping. The Maintenance Planner also ensures maintenance is planned and performed to ensure the plant equipment is in good working condition and all critical spare parts are identified and inventoried. This is a full time, non-exempt position.
What You Will Do
- Manage records for all preventative maintenance, vendor transactions and projects.
- Develop and monitor performance criteria for preventative maintenance and communicate appropriately
- Control and maintain inventory for all spare parts and supplies including determining appropriate stock levels based on need and budget forecasting.
- Incorporate an inventory management control system into the current work order system
- Administrate manual purchase orders.
- Assist with annual budget forecasting and planning.
- Assist in managing accounts with vendors, existing and new, using discretion to ensure the best fit and relationships
- Evaluate and change maintenance schedules and procedures as necessary.
- Assess new equipment and establish maintenance procedures for it utilizing OEM guidelines.
- Promote Plant safety with our safety department and assist in resolving safety concerns.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Who You Are
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft word, and excel efficiently
- Ability to work with computers for accurate word processing, data entry and basic spread-sheeting
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, make recommendations, draw conclusions and communicate effectively.
- Must possess a California driver license and provide proof of a good driving record.
- Ability to take direction and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including occasional weekends, evenings, and overtime.
- Experience with record-keeping and inventory control essential
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media