RN - CVOR Open Heart
$25 to $40 Per Hour
CVOR Open Heart RN - Orange Park, FL
Shift: Full Time Days (Rotating Weekends)
This Medical Center is a 365-bed Healthcare facility located in Northeast Florida. Featuring 170 private rooms, the hospital is known for its high-quality services, including cardiovascular care, a Level II NICU, and the only Level II trauma center in the county.
The Center has earned many awards and accreditations, such as the Get With The Guidelines - Gold Plus Stroke Achievement Award and being recognized as a Top Performer on Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Staff members enjoy working here because of its friendly culture, supportive management, and fast-paced environment.
The CVOR Operating Room Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient’s genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Operating Room Nursing is required.
- CVOR (Open Heart) OR experience preferred.
- OR Experience a MUST
- Types of Services: Cardiac, Thoracic, Vascular Surgical Cases
- # of Beds Per Unit: 2 CVOR rooms
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:1
- Reason for vacancy: RN left for outpatient center
- Reporting structure: CVOR Supervisor to Adm. Director Cardiovascular / Neuroscience Services
- BLS, ACLS may be obtained during orientation if they don’t already have it.
- Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: Supervisor works along with staff daily – very involved. Director supports supervisor. Small team, must work well together.
- Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: OR experience, idea that no job or task is beneath anyone. The team comes together to complete the work.
- What outside of the job description are you looking for in a candidate? Positive attitude
- Shift: 0645-1515 plus on call requirements
Salary Ranges: Low $28, Mid $34.89, Max $42 (based on years of experience)
Sign on Bonus: $15,000
Relocation Assistance: Up To $5000Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media