Senior Internal Controls Analyst
$98000 to $110000 Per Year
This role will have a hybrid schedule! Our company delivers solutions and drives innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. The Senior Analyst Internal Controls will be responsible for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment and driving a control conscious and compliant organization. Change your career. Change your world. Join and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. In this role, you will have high exposure to the senior leadership and our cross functional group allows you take on special projects!
Key Job Activities:
- Support the full management of internal controls over financial reporting cycle, including annual top-down scoping and risk assessment and establishment of Risk and Controls Matrices, including annual documentation refresh and design evaluation.
- Support the controls remediation program with efficient and effective tracking and reporting of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing / monitoring.
- Perform self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring and training of accounting personnel.
- Collaborate with other mega processes (i.e. OTC, STP, HTR) to assure leading practice internal control over financial reporting (i.e. automated, preventive, continuous controls monitoring environment).
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing methodologies, prioritization, influencing and sponsoring initiatives originating from the controllership and active leadership/participation/execution on broader corporate/business unit initiatives (e.g. Business Transformation). More specifically, End-to-End Global Process Owners and Leads interaction especially as it relates to Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (i.e. OTC, STP, ATR, ATR, HTR).
- Work on special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing a growing international company. This includes participation in control design / redesign work due to transactions.
- Develop future-state process flow diagrams and risk-control matrices as part of the Company’s implementation of a Global SAP system.
- Assist management with remediation plan development, execution and support for control owners.
- Work with the BU/region and Internal Audit to remediate internal control deficiencies.
- Participate in Internal Audit process walkthroughs, to act as “knowledge resource” and to gain an understanding of the current processes and controls.
- Build a deep understanding of future-state processes and internal controls to support the roll-out of globally harmonized controls supported by a state-of-the-art IT environment.
- Assist in the remediation of Segregation of Duties (SOD) matters for the SOX systems.
- Communicate/coordinate with Internal Audit and External Audit to determine the level of expectation for remediation.
- Identify resource constraints, lack of expertise and lack of remediation priority.
- Identify and share Best Practices among the team and disseminate globally.
Required Education: in Bachelors
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Experience in a more than $0.5 billion, global company.
- Must possess a deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, managers and senior leaders competently and effectively.
Our company offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with us .
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media