$60000 to $80000 Per Year
This position is responsible for working with the general managers of three manufacturing facilities, and other employees, to continuously improve the environmental, health & safety system, assure the legal compliance of the company to EPA and OSHA regulations and reinforces safety culture and practices and influence safety behaviors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continual Improvement (25%)
- Use OSHA and company measures to track incidents and take appropriate action to improve the measures.
- Ownership of key safety improvement efforts as assigned; may be individual efforts, leading small teams, or participating as a team member on complex problems while meeting timelines.
- Provide EHS support to site project work.
- Improve environmental performance
- Lead plant safety meetings and monitor established action items
- Review all EHS incident investigation reports and assist in investigations as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant legal rules, regulations and procedures
- Encourage and promote the use of safer work equipment, materials and supplies
- Communicate best practices between facilities
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and best practices
- Training (15%)
- Prepare, schedule and perform (where competent) training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, environmental and other relevant topics
- Coordinate evacuation, shelter in place, spill and other required drills
- Consult with all departments to provide expertise and ensure compliance with standards, processes and permits.
- Reporting (10%)
- Update database with environmental and safety data on a monthly basis
- Maintain company safety and OSHA measures
- Report to OSHA and other relevant organizations as required
- Coordinate annual ecobalance reporting between the facilities and Jona
- Outside Resources (10%)
- Coordinate external audits with environmental consultants and OSHA consultations per schedule and take actions to remedy findings
- Support ISO registrar and internal audits
- Coordinate required external equipment inspections
- Inspect and/or coordinate inspections of: emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, AED’s and MKE fire doors.
- Document Creation (15%)
- Develops and establishes safety expertise including safe systems development including job safety analysis, risk assessment, machine safeguarding, ergonomics, industrial hygiene.
- Develop risk assessment and keep them current.
- Develop operational instructions related to Safety Data Sheets to ensure employees understand proper method of use
- Develop Lock Out / Tag Out procedures
- Develop needed plans and programs.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Document Reviews (15%)
- Review revisions to regulations and determine impact on Company and recommend appropriate actions
- Review and recommend changes to established plans per Legal Compliance Calendar schedule
- Review Safety Data Sheets per schedule to ensure the most recent versions are in the system
- Ensure the company is prepared to submit all the relevant environmental, health and safety documents.
- All other duties as assigned (10%)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of environmental or health & safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of Microsoft office experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- OSHA 30 Hour card preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media