$80000 to $100000 Per Year
As a Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the total operation of the lines (defined as total production line) on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis through the continuous shift operation to maximize production performance within established safety, quality and cost parameters. In this role you will facilitate team culture across all functional and cross functional disciplines for the specific line. Through both formal and informal continuous improvement opportunities, you will implement and refine improvement ideas to maximize the performance of the line. You will communicate with services departments about line issues and assist foremen on attaining goals.
- Aligns resources in the plant’s personnel (operators, mechanics, etc) to focus on all areas of the process center; i.e. quality assurance, furnace, machine repair, mold shop, general maintenance, cold end, and job change coordinator.
- Reinforces positive team efforts and embraces Continuous Improvement concepts to ensure workers understand that their work activities are part of a whole and have an impact on the operation and common goals.
- Motivates the generation of ideas and initiates by discussing them on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Defines initiatives and operations goals with input from other plant personnel to improve
- Develops technical specialized skills and knowledge, as well as team work, continuous
improvement and discipline strengths.
- Develops multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, and awareness of customer oriented
common goals and achievements.
- Make sure local and contractual agreements are followed
- Responsible for all audit compliance for Quality, Safety, GMP, Procedures, Swabbing and forming.
- Ensure correct use of safety equipment and that company safety policies are followed
- Works with shift foremen to have consistency on all shifts.
- Assists in developing personnel
- Defines shop expectations
- Lead workshops resulting in tangible key performance indicator improvements
- Deploy the appropriate People / Safety / Quality / Cost / Delivery / Productivity metrics and management routines at all levels of the organization
- Act as a change agent (leader) to instill a Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement
culture on site and in related areas of the company
- Ensure through audits that tools are appropriately and effectively used
- Ensure lean principles are appropriately taken into consideration at all stages
This position reports to the Tank Production Manager and works closely with Continuous Improvement Leader.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirement of High School Degree or equivalent
- Ability to work some off shift rotations
- Minimum requirement of 5year experience supervising/leading people and processes in a
manufacturing environment, preferably Glass production.
- Project Management and/or Lean Certification desired.
- Significant understanding of Flow Manufacturing concepts that use Continuous Improvement and Kaizen events.
- Computer literate w/ proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Adequate knowledge of informational systems & ability to analyze data (i.e. PIC, MCS, MCSII, VSPC, SAP, WorkBrain, etc.).
- Strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of change management
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and energize team members
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media