Mechanical Engineering Designer
$1 to $58000 Per Year
This full time, permanent Mechanical Engineering Designer opportunity is at a equipment and machine manufacturer that sets the worldwide industry quality standard. All products are engineered and built solely in the United States. Engineers here creatively design products to enhance and/or upgrade customer automation systems resulting in higher quality output or lower customer costs. The engineering staff has a reputation for being both highly skilled and innovative in product designs. Projects are highly diverse so the work is always interesting. The company is employee and family friendly. The company offers generous benefits. Employees are able to leave at 3:00 pm on Fridays. After learning the product line and being able to undertake jobs from scratch, the successful candidate could grow into a Senior Designer. From Senior Designer, this person could be promoted into an Estimator role or a variety of other roles, depending on the successful candidate’s interests.
The successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will encompass:
- Designing detailed assembly and fabrication CAD drawings of equipment
- Creating models
- Making the shop drawings so machines can be built
- Working independently and with a team on assigned projects
- Being a lead for drafters and designers on assigned projects
- Conducting field surveys
- Designing and implementing changes for product quality and manufacturing
- Assisting with training
Candidates will have a minimum background consisting of:
- Two or more years of Solidworks, AutoCAD, or AutoDesk design skills in a manufacturing environment
- One or more years of sheet metal design experience
- An Engineering degree
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media