Transmission Planning Engineer/Manager
The Manager - Transmission Interconnection Services is responsible for the overall management of third party interconnections on the NU transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); f the NU OASIS site; coordination of third party requests to co-locate on existing rights-of-way; and strategic management of the open access transmission tariff (OATT) relative to non-rate* terms and conditions, focused on enabling/supporting NU’s desired transmission business model.
The Manager - Transmission Interconnection Services is responsible for the overall management of third party interconnections on the Client transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); of the Client OASIS site; coordination of third party requests to co-locate on existing rights-of-way; and strategic management of the open access transmission tariff (OATT) relative to non-rate* terms and conditions, focused on enabling/supporting the company's desired transmission business model.
Transmission interconnections: This manager is responsible for the direction and oversight of all aspects of: understanding the strategic aspects of the generator / transmission owner interface in the regional wholesale energy market; developing federal and state regulations addressing transmission interconnections and service; establishing and maintaining Client policies and procedures for transmission interconnections; implementing federal and state rules for transmission interconnections, culminating in the negotiation and filing of new interconnection agreements; effectively administering existing interconnection contracts including financial and operational terms and conditions; and finally managing relationships with ISO-NE staff and specific third parties such as generators, utilities, public power and selected large customers relative to transmission interconnections / service.
OASIS: This manager is responsible for direction and oversight of the Client OASIS function which includes: posting of transmission reservations, posting of FERC mandated documents and studies, assisting customers in gaining access to the OASIS site and in making reservations, and assuring the content of the OASIS site is accurate and timely.
OATT: Working closely with legal and regulatory staff, this manager is responsible for shaping, implementing and maintaining effective non-rate terms and conditions of the OATT that enable and support the company’s desired transmission business model. Participates in national and regional processes that influence and shape emerging policy on non-rate terms and conditions of the OATT, ensures implementation of non-rate terms and conditions of the OATT and administers existing agreements/contracts for transmission service under the OATT.
- Baccalaureate degree in business administration, engineering, finance or the equivalent is required.
- Masters degree in engineering, finance or MBA is desirable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years related experience with at least five (5) years utility experience preferred , which should include general management experience or lead or project management experience.
- Prior experience helpful in the broad aspects of power systems planning and operations, power pool operations, emerging power markets, regulatory interfaces with federal and state authorities.
- Prior experience negotiating with individual external companies within pre-established business guidelines and procedures.
- Prior experience representing/negotiating business interests to an external, regional or industry organization.
- Experience developing written proposals and presentations in a team environment.
- Experience implementing and complying with federal and state rulings and guidelines.
- Experience in working with independent third parties (ISO-NE) to achieve mutually desired goals.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media