$60000 to $75000 Per Year
$60-75K plus bonus
Our Ames, IA manufacturing client is looking to hire a Safety Engineer to their 2nd shift operations (3:30pm – midnight). Under general supervision, develops, implements and monitors programs that drive year-over-year increases in safety and ergonomics and maintain highest environmental quality standards.
- Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes health, safety and environmental (HSE) recommendations accordingly.
- Participates in the development of methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE practices.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating environmental and policy and procedure manuals.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all HSE regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- May serve as a contact with regulatory bodies.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 1 year related experience.
- Prefer bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Developing knowledge of health, safety, environmental and workers compensation best practices.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills that result in effective communications.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing training programs.
- Developing expertise in driving continuous improvement in HSE.
- Ergonomics background and ability to be a change agent.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media