Summary Role Description
The Estimator is responsible for prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for assigned projects, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, and/or processes. The Estimator is also expected to follow-up with clients, in an effort to overcome obstacles that could stand in the way of being awarded the contract. For awarded contracts, the Estimator provides on-going cost estimate support to operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Estimator will possess competency in the following areas in order to perform his/her role in a safe, productive, and effective manner. Note that the areas listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by co-workers assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Completes Quality Survey/Take-off
- Contacts Vendors and Sub-contractors
- Prepares Pricing, Bids and Proposals
- Completes Post Bid Activities
- Executes Transition
- Supplies Cost Estimates on Changes During Construction
- Ensures a Safe Work Environment
- Participates in Training/Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management preferred or related field from an accredited college or university or 4 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in structural or tilt-wall concrete construction experience.
- Knowledge of Estimating software
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media