Senior Manager - Application development
$130000 to $160000 Per Year
This role straddles strategic aspects such as stakeholder relationship management, executive communication, budgeting, technology roadmaps, services portfolio, as well as operational aspects such as successful project delivery, software application availability, customer satisfaction and incident management.
Provide leadership to the Application Development Teams that consists of Managers, Business Analysts/ Solution Owners, Application Developers and Subject Matter Experts. Responsible for building, maintaining, and providing business support for the IT portfolio of applications for all business units and departments. Provide oversight to all IT aspects of the area including business process management, requirement management, design, development, policies, and procedures using innovation where applicable.
- Build and develop teams including hiring, onboarding, maintain high retention and performance management.
- Set goals through collaboration with leaders and cascade goals to teams
- Effective communicate with senior leadership through presentation, well-crafted written communication, and face to face meetings
- Maintain high levels of Application Availability and internal Customer Satisfaction
- Manage all aspects of vendor relationships such as selection, contracts, and performance accountability
- Proactively manage annual budget within cost boundaries
- Provide stakeholders with realistic application roadmaps that supports the operational and business growth needs.
- Effectively collaborate with associates across the functional organization(s) and leverage project management skills to capture project details, manage resources, oversee go-live deployments, and provide progress reports to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Manage the support aspects of their team in a way that promotes a continuous improvement environment and reduces the support burden on the organization.
- Remain current with, and provide recommendations for, new and changing relevant 3rd party technology solutions, as well as development languages and techniques that will improve company productivity and optimize performance on developed solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, providing systems and applications for improved decision-making.
- Collaborate and co-author IT policies and procedures including design and code reviews that ensure associates adhere to sound SDLC standards, coding standards, revision control and quality assurance best practices, and audit for compliance.
Create and maintain support documentation for their applications and interfaces, and cross-train associates on issue resolutions to maximize application availability and performance and ensures security of data and applications.
BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology; and/or MBA and related degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience with internal customer and stakeholder liaison, business requirements management and business process level solutioning
- 10+ years’ experience with Application Development and Support – including software selection, program design, code analysis and system performance
- 10+ years’ experience with People Management and leadership, preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with Project Management, preferred
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- ERP Systems – JD Edwards experience is preferred
- IT Business facing applications like Business Intelligence
- Microsoft suite of products including SQL
- Working experience with all aspects of the SDLC
- Proven experience developing IT Policies/Procedures
- Proven ability to introduce new innovations to the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritize and make sound decisions..
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media