Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing Data Platform and Engineering teams. The ideal candidate has significant experience in building scalable data platforms that enable business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, hands-on technical expertise in a variety of technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. The ability to work across teams with product managers, data scientists and business stakeholders to translate sometimes vague business requirements into working code will be critical to success in this role. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and data quality.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement data processing pipelines
- Integrate data from multiple data sources, develop cross-platform ETL processes
- Data Validation and Verification
- Analyze data, solve problems, and implement solutions for ensuring data quality and delivery
- Create systems for data acquisition and wrangling
- Develop new tools and processes for managing our data workflows and data infrastructure
- Collaborate with our Engineering and Data Science teams on building, maintaining and monitoring the database infrastructure
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, business users and other engineers to define requirements and design solutions.
- Discover and analyze data from the web (census, open data, commercial vendors)
- Expert in reporting, analytics, and databases
- Data ingestion, ETL and storage
- Interest in pulling data from many sources
- Experience in big data, data mining and statistical analysis
- Cloud computing, especially AWS technologies (S3, EC2, etc.)
- Comfortable choosing technologies that fit the application (e.g. MySQL versus PostgreSQL, Hadoop versus Cassandra)
- More then 5 years of experience in object-oriented development with Python
- Other languages like Scala, C++, Java, or similar are a plus
- Experience with spark
- Expertise with SQL
- Familiarity with Docker
- Machine Learning libraries and frameworks like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Pytorch a plus
- Deploying algorithms at scale
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media