Sr. Continuous Improvement Engineer (Transportation)
$75000 to $85000 Per Year
The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer is a supporting team member within the Engineering team onsite with one of our largest clients. The Senior Engineer will support key activities such as:
• Performing extensive data analytics and reporting, including translating key customer requirements into existing reporting solutions, ensuring the reliability of reporting processes.
• Tying multiple independent sources together to yield new and innovative insights.
• Identifying and building business cases for cost savings opportunities, quantifying and presenting to internal and external leaders.
• Support business initiatives with analytic request for new proposals, procurement strategies, monthly and quarterly reviews.
• Drive proposals forward within internal and external teams and meetings as necessary to successfully execute improvement ideas.
Provides supply chain support to our global industry and regional business teams, design and engineering of supply chain services that include network analysis, transportation, distribution management, analysis, strategy, multi-client and process management
Will have involvement in the sales process, and implementation of their designs and assisting operations management with continuous improvement.
Proposal and presentation support, problem-solving, managing multiple projects, route, schedule and DCC fleet utilizing ILPS technical writing and costing analysis
- Transportation Design (TMOD)
- Route Optimization
- Cost Savings
- Network Optimization Analysis
- Candidate MUST have transportation experience
Provides lead role for customer program Engineering and analysis requirements. This would include direct interaction with customer contacts and suppliers to gather necessary data elements and document applicable business rules, support of operations and customer initiatives, development of Engineering projects and presentation of your proposals, implementation support and continuous improvement.
Bachelor's degree Industrial Engineering or related field.
Master's degree Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
Candidate will be proactive while continuously searching for ways to improve, motivate and generate results through influence
Position will be a coach, teacher and helper concurrently
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
High energy and measurable quality focus are essential to being successful in this position
Ability to build strong customer relationships.
Must have the ability to define and be responsive to customer requirements
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Candidate must be a team player and possess the ability to be flexible
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Will have prior understanding of LEAN manufacturing and JIT principles and incorporation of such principles into effective logistics network planner.; intermediate level; preferred.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media