Vice President - General Manager - Manufacturing and Sales
Vice President/General Manager – Manufacturing & Sales
Our client is a fast-growing global company and one of the world’s leading pump manufacturers. They have been in business for over 130 years!
This key role is responsible for a P&L of 60M+. The selected candidate will have proven experience in all aspects of a manufacturing business from Sales to engineering and manufacturing to managing the full-scale P&L.
- Develops the strategic plan for his/her area of responsibility that aligns to divisional plans and links with plans in other areas. Sets goals and drives the actions within his/her scope to implement and achieve the plan.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of his/her reporting functions: Manufacturing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Accounting, and Human Resources. Directly supervises the management of these departments.
- Establishes an effective organizational structure within his/her scope and ensures the selection of appropriate individuals to lead the respective functions.
- Promotes and role models the Company's policies, processes, and the Business Excellence model and thereby ensures all employees are focused appropriately on safety, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Establishes effective methods and metrics to evaluate business performance to quickly identify and address issues that arise to ensure that problems are resolved, and business objectives are achieved.
- Maintains effective financial controls to meet budget commitments. This includes reviewing and approving operating budgets, expenditures, and capital investments within his/her scope.
- Maintains effective communications in all directions. This includes regular meetings with direct reports, meetings with individuals as appropriate, and leading employee meetings to share business performance and to provide other relevant updates.
- Interfaces with customer and supplier representatives as needed to foster goodwill and to provide the needed authority when resolving issues that interfere with the Company's ability to meet its goals and commitments.
- Maintains close and effective communications with his/her supervisor. This includes sharing ideas and concerns in a forthright manner, providing and accepting advice, and collaborating on strategies and tactics to achieve business targets.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business, operations management, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, or a related field.
- Ten years of operation management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Operation management experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing CNC technology. Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt. Lean Certification.
- Master’s Degree
- Work well with others in a collaborative manner to meet customer requirements while following our core value of Respect for the Individual. This includes respectfully communicating and resolving conflicts with others.
- Apply leadership skills to supervise and empower direct reports. This includes role modeling a respectful environment, communicating expectations, developing abilities, providing timely feedback, and ensuring performance accountability.
- Apply structured problem-solving methodologies to determine root cause including 5 Why, 8D, Fishbone, etc.
- Apply structured tools to evaluate alternatives and make a decision.
- Manage the resources, schedule, and costs to successfully complete a project within scope. Includes risk management, cost and time estimating, creating, and following a project plan, leading the project team, and reporting progress to the sponsor.
- Apply Six Sigma DMAIC problem solving tools to reduce variation in processes.
- Apply lean principles to reduce or eliminate waste.
- Apply knowledge of assembly operations to meet the requirements of safety, quality, productivity, and cost. This includes analyzing current capacity, determining minimum staffing needs, resolving issues, and improving.
- Apply knowledge of machining operations to meet the requirements of safety, quality, productivity, and cost. This includes analyzing current capacity, determining minimum staffing needs, resolving issues, and improving.
- Use an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system—specifically INFOR/MAPICS.
- Interpret and use the information contained within financial reports to make decisions and take actions. Prepare a budget, monitor budget performance, and implement cost controls to achieve budget commitments.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media