The Plant Superintendent is responsible for leading and driving plant process optimization across mechanical maintenance programs in a high speed multi line FMCG manufacturing plant. This position is an individual contributor (no direct reports) though will need strong influencing skills to lead project teams on the mechanical side of process improvement for maintenance and overall production in a manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Packaging)
- 5+ years supervisory experience in a plant leading projects on process over maintenance programs for plant production and related high-speed manufacturing equipment technology
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge, Green Belt Certification or related preferred
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations SQF, HACCP, GMP as well as OSHA & EPA
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production, mechanical & chemical process, and warehouse techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/building maintenance.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for ensuring round the clock efficient operations for assigned process area.
- Manages the resources and activities for functional area or process assigned.
- Supervises process team members.
- Establishes maintenance procedures on equipment, including planning, budgeting, execution, and periodic review.
- Responsible for planning, administering, and managing the budget for assigned process area.
- Applies knowledge of functional area to conduct system and process analysis, identifies opportunities for improvement, and makes recommendations to management.
- Diagnoses problem areas and develops and implements corrective action plans.
- Participates in designing and overseeing new systems and processes that improve and enhance plant performance in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Collects and organizes data in order to generate and maintain reports and schedules related to functional area.
- Coordinates and applies maintenance techniques directed toward monitoring and reducing maintenance and repair costs.
- Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials, and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
- Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Arranges for training of employees in proper maintenance programs and procedures for plant production equipment.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinate (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media