NEWLY FORMED ENGINEERING TEAM
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Location: Novi, MI
Job Category: Engineering
Newly formed Engineering Team seeking Design Engineers responsible for providing accurate, timely, cost-effective engineering solutions that work well within the limits of our manufacturing equipment and assembly capabilities. This team’s success will be responsible for meeting customer requirements, performed for the desired warranty period, and comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. Engineering solutions will encompass communization and simplification using Lean/Sigma techniques.
Key Design Engineering Experience
- Engineer with the ability to design, detail, and run simple analysis using Solidworks Simulation (or Autodesk Inventor).
- Designer or Engineer with the skills as a Checker (strong grasp of manufacturing capabilities, GD&T).
- Experience in fabricated sheet metal design and manufacturing, laser cutting, bending using press brakes, and welding using MIG/Spot Welds. OEM/Tier 1 Body-in-White experience does not translate to these roles.
- Bachelor's degree in the Engineering field (BSME preferred)
- Understand metal fabrication, forming, tolerances, and capabilities within our facilities and within our industry
- Understand extrusion process
- Understand vehicle design, testing, and certification process
- Experience using Solid Works and AutoCad Design Software
ANSI-Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Embrace and support company corporate policies and procedures
- Solve manufacturing and assembly problems utilizing problem solving techniques and methodologies
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, production personnel, purchasing personnel, and customers to create optimal solutions to support the business
- Demonstrate a desire to support engineering’s customers (production, sales, purchasing teams, etc.)
- Create Engineering tree (task list) to comply with customer/vehicle specifications
- Create solids model to correspond with engineering tree
- Pull ECN numbers and start the ECN process, corresponding with engineering tree
- Determine effectiveness of the engineering solutions, understanding un-intended consequences to manufacturing processes, tooling, and option
- Coordinate effective date of engineering solution
- Initiate changes to drawings, solids models, and bills of material
- Effectively utilize Aurora (corporate software) to research product/spec history and structure used on component parts, and product compatibility
- Provide engineering solutions that maximize financial profitability
- Base knowledge of FMVSS/CMVSS/GVWR regulations
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. Engaged, dynamic and synergistic work teams poised to accomplish future market demands. Bright future forecasts ahead.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media