$115000 to $125000 Per Year
Ann Arbor, MI
$110-125K plus 10% bonus
Our manufacturing client in the Ann Arbor, MI area is looking to hire a Tooling Manager. This position is a key function within the Operations Engineer Team. This position will manage the Tooling Program Managers and maintain oversight of all aspects of blow mold tooling projects from conception to completion with direct responsibility for productivity, timing and budget.
Must Have Qualifications:
- College degree preferred, Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of project management experience.
- 5 years experience with blow mold tooling, preferably within the Pet industry.
- Experience working with tooling vendors, within the Pet industry a plus.
- Knowledge of injection machine, blow molding machine and downstream container handling.
- Collaborate with business leaders.
- Communicate feasibility, capital costs, timing and risks for new product launches and supply chain tooling optimization requests.
- Lead discussions with vendors and cross-functional teams to determine the technological requirements for production of innovative product designs.
- Drive tooling development initiatives to improve quality, reliability and productivity.
- Work with plants on tooling lifecycle management and resolution to common tooling issues.
- Work with vendors and plant teams to efficiently communicate and resolve issues with tooling as they arise.
- Track vendor progress and performance.
- Directly manage Program Managers/Tooling Engineers to support tooling projects.
- Drive updates and communication on tooling standards.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media