Maintenance Engineering Tech
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily maintenance support for plant operations
- Program machinery using various software programs to automate the machines
- Support design, implementation and installation of new and rebuilt equipment
- Read electrical schematics and other documents to diagnose and repair machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot machinery and equipment
- Communicate with co-workers and others to carry out job duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical Capacity to read and understand complex manuals and use of testing equipment
- Qualified and experienced with high voltage circuits, > 480 volt, 3 Phase
- Full working understanding of the operations and repair of industrial gas fired burners, along with controllers.
- Advanced equipment electrical/mechanical troubleshooting skills
- With math skills to produce equations governing and used in electrical circuits and capacitors, for trouble shooting and repairs to same.
- Able to use and understand Predictive maintenance tools such as
- Ultra-sound instruments, DVM test instruments, etc.
- Oscilloscopes, High Voltage test meters, thermocouple test instruments for burners.
- Able to use and program with, Allen Bradley PLC, Controls Logix, Servo Controllers, HMI products and software
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic systems sufficient to diagnose and repair machines
- Ability to produce an read Electrical & Hydraulic schematics
- Communication skills, including the use of MS Word & Excel software
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus formal training leading to Electrician status in Machine Repair and/or equivalent on the job experience
- Technical certification with PLC or CNC Controls preferred
- Experienced in AutoCAD or equivalent, to use for producing drawings is a plus
- 5 plus years of related work experience with in plant floor experience
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media